The primary functions of this role include:
To provide support to the Transport Management in the day to day function of that role, for example, assisting with fleet management and documentation.
To provide cover to the Transport Management during any absences, for example the day to day rostering and allocation of deliveries.
To assist the Transport Management with the provision and upkeep of a dedicated costing and statistics function associated with the Transport Dept
The location of the Transport office is: Felixstowe
- Please note the location of this depot is such that the successful applicant will need their own transport to get to work.
Key Qualities for the successful candidate include: -
- To have good communication skills
- To be well organised, self-motivated, calm, methodical and works well under pressure
- To work well in a team
- To be comfortable with computer operated systems, Port vbs, Manadata, destin8 experience would be beneficial.
Core duties include but not limited to:
- Customer service through email and phone contact
- quoting haulage jobs
- Inputting haulage jobs onto the computer system
- Planning routes( this can be trained) if no previous experience
- Driver contact
- Vehicle maintenance organising with vendors.
We accept some applicants may not identify themselves having strengths in all the above, but the company is happy and enthusiastic to address any weaknesses with appropriate training provided which, in turn, we expect the successful candidate to accept willingly.
The successful applicant will be answerable to the Transport Dept but will additionally need to regularly interface with the Accounts office and other members of the management team.
Working hours: -
Monday to Friday : 7am to 5pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 - £22,0000 per /year