Area Construction Manager
Area Construction Manager - New Build Housing
We are currently searching for an Area Construction Manager, for our client a highly successful housing developer that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. You will be responsibile for the construction teams across a number of our developments ensuring that build quality, workmanship and attention to detail are consistently high and build programmes and budgets are achieved.
Ensuring that the teams share best practice and all work to our demanding health, safety and environmental standards, as well as delivering the high standards of customer service.
- Identify critical path issues such as services and put plans in place to meet key dates.
- Identify in advance a schedule of information required to meet the build programme and circulate as necessary.
- Liaise with the Commercial Department on the appointment of suitable sub contractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources and expertise to achieve required quality within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with the relevant Sales team to ensure up to date understanding of Sales Exchange and Completion targets in the area in order to ensure the Build Programme optimises revenue generation for each development
- Ensure all staff on site are aware of site duration, the first expected income and the prelim allowance on each development.
- Identify any issues affecting programme delivery within the area and resolve to meet required timescales.
- Monitor level of work in progress and materials on site working closely with site surveyor.
- Monitor and inspect developments regularly to ensure that all quality control procedures are being adhered to and that the highest standards of build are being achieved and reflected in good NHBC Audit results.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy in order to ensure a safe working environment for employed, sub contractors and members of the public.
- Ensure compliance with the same, throughout the department.
- Carry out monthly inspections of each site plus quarterly inspections with Regional Health and Safety Manager.
- Review specific training needs with the Health & Safety Manager and ensure appropriate training throughout the Area Team.
- Attend weekly Build and Sales meeting as required and keep the management team fully informed of site issues and progress and assist in closing down issues and providing support.
- Attend CVC meetings as required.
- Attend Build/Technical meetings as required.
- Attend regular meetings with the Sales Managers including joint visits of all show homes and marketing suite area
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Holds the relevant qualifications: HNC/HND or Degree (Construction related).
- Previous experience in a similar role
- High level of knowledge and proven experience in the delivery of projects
- High level of ability, advanced knowledge and competence
- Capable of dealing with a variety of issues
- Proven ability, confident in dealing with complex issues
- Must hold exceptional communication skills
- Able to demonstrate inspiring leadership