Reporting to the Regional Manager the Operations Manager is responsible for their designated business stream, having responsibility for managing their operation to ensure that business plan targets are met.
Having a high degree of commercial/business acumen working with the business development manager to identify, plan and develop business development opportunities to meet sales and business plan targets.
Ensure that requests, reports, projections, KPI’s and monthly valuations are accurate and submitted on time to meet deadlines and that performance is reported accurately.
Using management skills to mentor, monitor and developing staff under their control.
Main Responsibilities – Operations Manager
- Ensure contracts are completed to programme, client satisfaction is maintained and profit margins are met.
- Ensure that sales invoices are submitted accurately and in line with delivery costs and client deadlines.
- Assist with the production of their regional business plan along with the development of their specific operational plan.
- Responsible for the accurate build up and submission of tenders/quotations within their area of responsibility
- Ensuring that adequate pre-contract planning takes place so that contracts are delivered in line with profit requirements.
- Continually monitor contracts to ensure delivery in line with cost plans.
- Submit accurate monthly valuations built up from site progress reports to the Strategic Operations Manager.
- Present to both external clients and at internal management meetings.
- Manage the Health, Safety and Welfare on contracts, staff, clients and the general public.
- Ensure the production and distribution of compliant health and safety information and plans and carryout training and development reviews.
- Liaising with the human resources department, direct involvement in any disciplinary or redundancy process to ensuring that the company procedures are being met and adhered too.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel engaged within their operation.
- Responsible for monitoring internal H & S audits and ensuring implementation of the findings.
Skills and Experience – Operations Manager
- Operational Management experience within Reactive, Refurbishment, Voids and Planned works contracts essential.
- Social Housing experience vital for the role.
- Experience of Schedule of Rates is beneficial but not essential
- Must be experienced MS Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Be able to work under pressure, to deadlines and prompt turnaround times.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
TSR are acting as an employment agency, if you do not hear back within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful, but your details will remain on file and we will contact you with relevant future opportunities, by applying to this vacancy you agree to these terms.