Full Stack Ruby Developer
Full Stack Ruby Developer - Central London - £45,000 – Permanent
Our client who are an award winning education web applications company based in Central London are looking for a Full Stack Ruby Developer to join them on a permanent basis. They are backed by renowned VCs and have exciting ambitious plans to grow the customer base in the UK and internationally
The current team which is around 60 people and growing. As a Full Stack Ruby Developer you will have to step out of your comfort zone, be a self-starter, adaptable and believe in the company’s ambitions plans.
- The majority of the application code is Ruby, and they use Golang for their queue workers, and SQL for data analysis alongside our data analyst.
- The bulk of our front-end apps are in Vue.js and we are very open minded about the use of the right technologies for the right projects.
- They believe in TDD and pairing, have an increasingly satisfying CI pipeline and deployment tools and work in a loosely defined and flexible agile way.
- 2 years’ + commercial experience using Ruby
- Knowledge of Sinatra, Rails or similar framework
- Experience with Relational Databases – preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience of version control systems – ideally Git and/or GitHub
Stack they use
- Ruby / Sinatra web apps
- Vue.js client side apps
- Middleman.rb static website
- Go workers
- ActiveAdmin (Ruby on Rails) admin app
- Docker based production / dev environments managed by Rancher
- Redshift data warehouse
- CircleCI for testing and deployment Requirements W
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Excellent English communication skills with the ability and adaptability to work within a start-up environment and wear multiple hats
- Experience using Test Driven Development with frameworks such as Rspec/Minitest
- Rancher or other container orchestration tool
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Regular company socials
- Private medical insurance
- Vitality health programme
- Employer pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Scope for working from home