TSR have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join an established team in Bishops Auckland. As a key member of the team, you will play an integral part in the continuing success of this Area Office.
- Provide technical support to the land and development teams to assist during feasibility studies.
- Procure road and sewer designs, external works, private drainage, and, FFL’s in line with a brief produced by you.
- Review and value engineer the infrastructure designs.
- Identify new external consultants to supplement the current panel, agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Procure foundation schedules in line with the geotechnical reports ensuring the most cost-effective solutions are identified.
- Procure remediation strategies taking into consideration the geotechnical report, infrastructure requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Coordination of adoption agreements for roads and sewers in a timely manner.
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical/construction problems.
- Interact with statutory bodies, local authorities and external consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of planning conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Control the submission of building regulations and warranty applications.
- Coordinate transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Appointment of management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both)
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably with a high-volume house builder
- Educated to HNC/HND level in a construction related qualification
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
- A broad technical understanding
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year