MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to and working with the Operations Supervisor the Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Import Coordinator is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the import process
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Cover the export operations when required
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieve agreed individual objectives
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures relevant to the role