TSR are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer, on behalf of a top 10 UK house builder growth has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. You will be responsible for the design and co-ordination of all infrastructure, substructure and groundworks information to enable efficient and cost-effective construction of new housing schemes. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for between 4-6 live projects contributing housing numbers set by the company’s annual construction target
- Co-ordinating consultants for road, sewer, external works, private drainage, structural, foundation, pump station and other bespoke designs. Reviewing designs for cost/build issues and marking up drawings to feed back to consultants.
- Obtaining technical submission drawing/info packs from consultants for submission to authorities.
- Obtaining and evaluating new utility quotes for most cost effective and suitable offers.
- Assessing diversion/upgrade works required to existing services that affect the development and obtain costs/timescales for diversions in good time to suit programme. Calling off initial mains installation and attending pre-start meetings with utility companies/organising payments.
- Obtaining foundation designs, suspended slab designs, schedules, standard details and relevant information to enable construction. Reviewing all foundation designs for cost/build issues and make comments.
- Reviewing site GI reports to identify any protective/remedial measures required. Organise geotech. consultants to carry out testing/site works to clear planning conditions, classify spoil material/waste and remediate ground if required to do so.
- Reviewing ecological and arboricultural reports to ensure that protected species and vegetation are dealt with prior to any critical site works starting. Ongoing attendance with specialist consultants as required for certain protected species.
- Inspections/adoptions with authorities including fees, attendance of meetings on site with inspectors and contractors, procurement of as-built survey information/manhole cards, street light test certificates, CCTV surveys. Arrange for any remedial works to be carried out and determine whether these are the responsibility of the contractor or DDL.
- Organising CCTV/Jetting of existing/newly constructed sewers to ensure they are in good working order while in the maintenance period. Attending site or organising a drainage contractor if customer care issues relating to drainage are reported.
You must be a highly organised individual with good problem-solving abilities and strong communication skills. You will ideally enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment and be able to respond quickly to technical queries and evolving project brief
- Vehicle Tracking
- Site3D/PDS or similar
- MS Office
- HNC / HND qualification or similar in Civil Engineering
- CSCS Card