Mechanical Design Engineer - Building Services - Permanent - Nottingham
I'm currently working with one of the UK's largest independent owned and managed technical service providers in the UK. Working in the built environment, they provide mechanical and electrical installation from initial design to project completion.
Due to continued growth, they now have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to enhance their existing in house design team.
Broad Description of the role:
Within this role the employee will have to take overall responsibility for the conceptual design, design innovation, compliance with the employer’s requirements and final detailed designs in accordance with our subcontract agreement with the end user or client. There is also a responsibility to assist and train, where agreed with the design manager, the trainee design engineers. The main objective of the design department is to undertake designs that are accurate, compliant, cost effective and innovative and to complete designs within the design costs included within the subcontract
Main responsibilities and key outcomes:
1. To be hands on in the undertaking of detailed design projects.
2. The production of concept designs for estimating purposes.
3. To adopt a highly innovative approach and provide a wide range of design solutions.
4. The provision of technical support to the contracting and commissioning functions.
5. The management and control of externally appointed design consultants.
6. Completion of site surveys and associated reports.
7. To take full responsibility for the supervision and professional development of Junior Design Engineers.
8. Supervision of the Computer Aided Design Department and final responsibility for the production and output of design drawings.
9. The provision of advice on design fees.
10. To keep the company fully aware of current regulations and standards, together with future developments.
11. Identify client’s needs and the extent of the employer’s requirements and ensure that they are incorporated in the design solutions.
12. Access the health and safety and CDM requirements which need to be incorporated in the design solutions.
13. Check layouts for the services and ensure coordination of routes are sequenced.
14. Attend and actively take part in the tender/design strategy meetings.
15. Prepare design files to a laid-down standard.
16. Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time that fall within the scope of the position.
For more information about this role or other opportunities within the Building Services sector, please contact Julian on 07534 814695/ 01473 807171.