Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Building Services - Nottingham - Permanent
I'm currently working with one of the UK's largest independent owned and managed technical service providers in the UK. Working in the built environment, they provide mechanical and electrical installation from initial design to project completion.
Due to continued growth, they now have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to enhance their existing in house design team.
Duties and Skills to include:-
• To have an excellent knowledge of all the latest regulations, guidance and best practices.
• To have a broad experience of different commercial and industrial installations.
• To have a sound commercial appreciation of mechanical systems and their respective merits.
• To have the ability to provide value engineering opportunities and justify their technical compliance.
• To have a good understanding of co-ordination to work closely with Revit Operators and other trades.
• To have an excellent knowledge of iSBEM in order to provide the effective/innovative solutions to Part L compliance.
• Be able to provide guidance and advice to Junior and Intermediate Engineers to help them develop.
• Be able to provide design support to both the projects and bids teams to the level of detail respectively required.
• Be able to design Mechanical services from Concept stage to full Construction Stage including practical considerations of, installation, commissioning and maintenance.
• Be able to be hands on in the production of calculations (using appropriate and auditable design software) including heat losses and gains, pump, pipe and ductwork sizing.
• Be able to support and lead the preparation of design reports, feasibility studies, specifications and detailed design drawings.
• Be able to carry out site surveys where necessary.
• Be able to produce Design Risk Assessments.
• Be able to manage time to programme.
• Be able to convey information to all levels and attend design team meetings and site/client meetings, as required.
• Be able to challenge the way they work, look for opportunities to improve our systems (IES, Bentley Hevacomp, AutoCad, Revit etc) and be actively involved in their BIM strategy.
• Be a team player and promote strong and happy working relationships at all levels.
For more information about this role or other opportunities within the Building Services sector, please contact Julian on 07534 814695/ 0115 837 0500