Our client are a 5 star South Yorkshire based new build housing developer. They are currently looking for a Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial department.
Responsible for the control of all costs relating to the management of the sites, ensuring suppliers and subcontractors are procured correctly and on time to ensure timely delivery of housing developments.
• Compile documentation for sub-contract enquiries in collaboration with the Project Cost Managers
• Review sub-contract tenders
• Attend subcontractor pre-start meetings
• Monitor subcontractor and labour performance closely
• Carry out monthly subcontractor payments
• Carry out fortnightly labour payments
• Running cost reports and producing forecasts
• NHBC registrations
• Register plot services
• Produce non-productive cost reports
• Attend quarterly departmental team meetings
• Work collaboratively with other company departments
• GCSE Maths and English • Full UK Driving license • Further education in construction related subjects • Able to multi-task, prioritise and have good time management skills • Customer focused • Decision Maker • Good knowledge of Excel Desirable: • Quantity Surveying Degree •Good housebuilding experience • Knowledge of Housebuild and EVision Software
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.