The Engineer is responsible for the procurement of all civil engineering design information necessary to deliver the construction of all infrastructure, roads, sewers, foundations, external works and structural aspects on residential developments throughout the region, whilst providing an important link between the design and construction process. Main Duties and Responsibilities
• The selection, briefing and appointment of Consultants capable of delivering accurate and concise design information in a timely manner and covering, but not limited to, S278 and highway entrance works, road and sewer construction, multi utility service supply, foundation construction, plot and external works areas and retaining structures.
• In conjunction with the appointed consultant, liaise with Local and Regulatory bodies to secure Technical Approval of highway, road and sewer designs at the very earliest available opportunity.
• Liaison with Solicitors to ensure the timely completion of S278, S38 and S104 agreements as well as any required easements, deeds or land transfers connected with substation or gas governor supply.
• Subsequent supervision and monitoring of the Company’s infrastructure, foundations and external works construction.
• Ensure contractor compliance with working/approved drawings.
• Technical support, inclusive of appropriate advice to the site construction team.
• Multi Utility services tendering, vetting and co-ordination.
• Liaison with Statutory Bodies, Authorities and Service Utility providers.
• Monitoring of demolition/site clearance works.
• Provide appropriate input to the Company’s monthly valuations and look to strictly enforce cost control through good design and work practices.
• Exercise due diligence and ensure the Company’s commitment to the highest possible standards of health and safety are maintained at all times. Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake all service utility applications.
• Contribute to the ongoing discussion and evolution of new and innovative forms of construction.
• Keep adequate records of inspections and meetings.
• Chair and minute road and sewer progress meetings through to site handover to construction team.
• Provide feedback to the design team.
• Liaison with retained Consulting Engineers.
• Limited site investigation relative to anticipated infrastructure and foundation construction.
• Must be able to communicate well at all levels internally and externally.
• Must embrace innovative solutions to problems.
• Should undertake continuous professional development. Qualifications & Skills
• HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering/Construction with three years subsequent in role experience.
• Familiarity with CAD design.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.