We are recruiting for one of the UK’s leading logistics providers. They are looking for a Senior Import Clerk to join their growing team. Salary flexible, depending on experience.
· Plan, direct and control all activities on a day to day basis.
· Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto computer system prior to arrival / departure either by EDI or manually, checking paperwork for accuracy.
· Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to Import, Export, Delivery or release.
· Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete customs clearance, delivery or release of cargo.
· Keep operational staff & Customers fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment.
· Responsible for ensuring that all outstanding monies are collected prior to release/delivery of goods with overall responsibility in the collection of outstanding D/V including updating records.
· Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
· Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
· Maintain effective communication and relationships with overseas offices and partners.
· Identify and provide early warning to the manager of the relevant department, on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
· Liaise where appropriate with other departments to resolve any conflicting issues raised by customers and/or figures.
· Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management
· Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
· Monitor incoming mail and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
· Complete month end routines as directed by manager.
· Action other ad hoc duties as requested by manager.
· Promote and maintain image, procedures and standards as set and with management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Highly experienced with food imports
· Fully conversant with Customs Entries
· Conversant with Port Health Requirements, CED, CVEDS etc
· European Road Freight experience preferred but not essential
· Export Experience also an advantage
· Possess good leadership skills
· Able to plan ahead
· A pro-active attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work and meet deadlines
· Computer literate
· Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance our profile
· Possess team player qualities
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please apply with an up to date CV, or call Daniel Waters on 01473 807171