Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
About the company:
Our client is looking for a Transport Manager to join their prestigious company based in Felixstowe. The company has undergone significant growth in the last few years and is now looking to appoint a transport manager to fuel further expansion planned in the near future.
The role of the Transport Manager:
As Transport Manager, you'll be managing the central vehicle team based in Felixstowe on operations, compliance and administration along with the daily responsibility for a dedicated team of drivers. Key responsibilities are:
- Vehicle compliance, maintenance and safety
- Maintenance Scheduling with third party workshops
- Ensure all activities are customer focused
- Fleet size: 40 (containers)
- Fuel buying
- Driver routing and scheduling whilst managing driver hour compliance
- Full P&L responsibility and close monitoring and management of budgets
- Booking and checking skip permits with the council
- Ensuring all aspects of the vehicle operation confirm to all relevant legislation and maintain all documentation and systems required to fulfil 'O' license requirements.
- Daily staff PPE requirements
- Yard stock ordering
- Delivery and collection management
- Maintaining process of procedures for driver management including all insurance and disciplinary requirements.
- Dealing with Insurance claims
Requirements of the Transport Manager:
- Strong experience in Transport
- Transport Manager CPC Qualification
- Experience with scheduling drivers and vehicle maintenance
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Ability to implement and enhance processes
- Good IT skills
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Transport Manager role is right for you, apply today we would love to hear from you!
Please apply today with an up to date CV, email email@example.com - or contact on 01473 807171