TSR are currently working with a fantastic New Build Housing developer based in Rugby.
They are looking for an Architectural Technician to join the team.
Reporting into the Design & Planning Director you will be one of two Technician's Preparing drawing for planning applications. This role is different from your run of the mill roles because you will have much more Autonomy and responsibility. You will be responsible for everything above ground, taking the standard house drawing and adapting to suit your site.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing technical information to assist in the production of initial sketch layouts for land appraisals
- Developing and preparing planning layouts on AutoCAD using the standard range of house types in preparation for planning submission
- Produce supporting documentation for planning applications
- Assist in the negotiation and co-ordination of planning submissions through to approval.
- Discharge planning conditions in a timely manner
- Responsibility for running and maintaining all Design & Planning aspects of allocated live development sites, including dealing with site and other enquiries as required
- Oversee and monitor air test regime
- Manage the drawing registers & filing systems
- Distribute architectural information as required
- Produce bespoke planning drawings where necessary to suit specific planning requirements
- Co-ordinate and manage Building Regulations applications and subsequent discharge of conditions
- Appointment and management of external consultants
- Obtain SAP/EPC assessments
- Work closely with the Design and Technical Teams and Local Planning Authorities
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Keep updated with new regulations and legislation
- Able to recognise issues and manage them proactively and in a timely manner
To be successful in your application for this role you will need the following experience:
- Experienced Architectural Technician within the House Building Sector
- In-depth knowledge of building regulations
- HNC or HND in construction, architectural technology or building studies
- Excellent communication and organisational capabilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD
For the successful candidate my client is offering a fantastic package of £40,000-£50,000 + car allowance, life assurance and bonus.