TSR are looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer on behalf of top 10 UK House builder growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market.
The successful candidate will responsible for familiarising themselves with the duties and responsibilities in order to assist the Engineers.
Salary Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Monitor progress of the design process against a programme and schedule of deliverable
- Assist the land team to identify site constraints and assist in preparing technical reports for site feasibility and due diligence
- Procure services tenders for new developments, ensuring timely appointments, payments and delivery to meet the build programme
- Ensure utility layouts are checked and are suitable for the intended build programme
- Assist the Engineering Manager in verifying that designs produced by the supply chain meet the requirements of the brief, associated instructions, and are in line with current legislation. Co-ordinate external engineering consultants to ensure that the most cost-effective engineering solutions are implemented across all new sites
- Prepare and review civil designs for Road Construction Consent and Sewer Technical Approvals
- Use AUTOCAD, PDS and Microsoft Office for checking drawings when required
- Degree in Engineering as a minimum requirement
- Knowledge of the design of Infrastructure Works, namely Adoptable Highways and Drainage to national standards, i.e. ‘Sewers for Adoption 7th edition’, Civil Engineering Specification Water Industry 7th edition, Pavement Design to Highways Agency Standards, the general requirements of Manual For Streets, Design and Access Statement requirements and non-adoptable works to Building Regulation requirements is essential
- Extremely organised with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to build relationships as well as work on own initiative
- Ability to coordinate with the Technical team as well as regional teams
- Highly creative with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and Autocad
- Confident in handling negotiations with external bodies