TSR are recruiting for a well-established regional Residential Housebuilder with an established pipeline, they require an experienced Design Engineer to overlook a number of residential developments predominantly in the West Yorkshire area. The company is looking for a Design Engineer who has the skills to push through tricky, but high quality large volume housing sites.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:
- 5+ Years experience as a Design Engineer for a housing developer, ideally PLC
- Experience in new build residential projects
- Programme management and experience working site teams
- Supporting the planning team with consultant shortlist, design advice, feasibility studies, drainage and utility enquiries.
- Review and provide comment on all technical reports including flood rick, geo environmental, TOPO and highway / transportation reports.
- Prepare internal engineering and utilities reports.
- To provide cost effective/innovative design solutions and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that individual projects run smoothly from an engineering perspective.
- To be able to act upon instructions from the Engineering Manager.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance and on schedule with the programme.
- Develop awareness of the commercial implications relating to planning and architectural design; civil and structural engineering design; geotechnical and ground remediation strategies; statutory services (new supplies and diversions).
- Have the ability to technically engage with and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Registration of developments for building regulations and warranty, ensuring discharge of conditions to allow construction progress.
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors as necessary in order to achieve building regulations, warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge.
- Coordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for.
- Help monitor the NHBC bond facility identifying possible reductions and cancellations
- To be qualified to HNC/HND level and have a sound knowledge and understanding of engineering issues often encountered by house builders.
- To have strong communication and presentation skills.
- To be aware of emerging legislation and the impact on the business.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Possess good communication skills
- A broad technical awareness