TSR are delighted to be working with an award-winning, regional developer with an enviable reputation within the New Build Housing industry. They currently have a great opportunity for a Utilities Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis.
- Procure and issue designs for development mains infrastructure and service connections and ensure designs accord with development designs, statutory and planning guidance/ requirements, technical design and health & safety requirements and regulations.
- Ensure the timely removal of existing services in order that development sites are safe for our Construction teams to begin development.
- Provide information on time in line with agreed pre-development, build and sales programmes.
- Ensure that all payments to be made in advance to facilitate infrastructure and plot connection works are made in a timely manner so as not to negatively impact the efficiency of build programmes.
- Provide and review alternative options and designs to meet budget requirements for all main services, plot connections and street lighting.
- Assist with checks in association with our external legal teams all legal agreements, deed of easements, utility provision etc
- Ensure services information is accurately co-ordinated, issued, reviewed and filed in line with company protocols.
- Ensure that all design information, services/suppliers enquiry letters, quotations legal approvals/agreements relating to services are checked and in place.
- Control the flow and revision of information for services designs to all stakeholders, including, but not limited to: Contracts Managers, Site Managers, Local Authorities and statutory bodies (Highways, EA, EHO, HS&E), Warranty Providers, Clerk of Works
- Attend and actively participate in pre-start meetings, monthly site meetings and other meetings as required to review and assess progress and provide constructive and frequent feedback regarding infrastructure services.
- Prepare reports when required by Construction Management, Sales, Technical and Commercial departments to ensure that utility activities maximise the efficiency of build programmes.
- Work as part of a team to deliver best value schemes actively promoting best practice and playing a positive and productive role in assisting the team to continually monitor, assess and improve performance and enhance both individual and team contribution to the achievement of our business goals and reputation.
- Build an understanding of industry best practice and share knowledge and assist other staff members in carrying out their duties.
- At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company’s Health and Safety and
- Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies procedures and instruction
- Any other duties as reasonably requested to enable the department to meet its requirements and obligations
- Technical knowledge with regards to utility provision for residential housing development would be preferred
- Knowledge of utility companies, procedures, license and legislating framework
- Working knowledge of cost accounting and data management systems used by the company
- Awareness and understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Communication organisation and presentation skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive