Principal Building Physics Engineer - Design - Building Services - Leeds - Permanent
I'm currently working with the largest independent construction, engineering and services company in the UK who have been in operation for close to 100 years.
The main focus of the role is to support the Design Manager in providing a high quality design service covering all the building physics aspects of projects from inception through to project completion and client handover.
Key responsibilities within this role will include:-
- Understanding and complying with the company’s health, safety and environmental policies.
- Taking responsibility for all technical aspects of building physics work performed by the design hub from the inception stage through to final completion of projects and client handover, including work subcontracted to specialist consultants. You will represent the client at design team meetings and client meetings on building physics technical related matters.
- Being fully conversant with time / cost management and monitoring procedures in relation to BPE activities, produce realistic targets / fees regularly reporting against these targets to the design / project teams.
- Adhering to the building physics procedures and standards, processes and policies throughout the company.
- Being conversant with current legislation regarding Building Regulations part L, BREEAM and other Environmental issues relating to technical activities. Have a detailed understanding of how electrical and mechanical systems impact on building energy performance, and keep design and project teams updated in terms of any changes to this regulation affecting M&E designs.
- Leading the design team in undertaking building physics analysis from feasibility to completion including the creation and updating of reports to internal and external design teams. Carry out validation reviews of in house and external building physics models and reports on any risks and opportunities.
- Being fully conversant with the building physics software packages used throughout the Company including thermal analysis, bulk airflow analysis, Building Regulations compliance (all levels) and solar analysis. Have the ability to analyse results and understand and challenge the model input parameters.
- Carrying out site validation visits to confirm that the installation meets the intent of the thermal model, producing EPC certificates on completion.
- Mentoring others in their career progression.
To be successful in this role you will be professionally registered I.Eng and also be LCEA (level 3,4 &5). You will also hold a BEng qualification or equivalent.
For more information about this role or other opportunities within the Building Services sector, please contact Julian on 07534 814695/ 0115 837 0500.