TSR are recruiting for a Technical Coordinator on behalf of a top new build housing developer. Under direction of the Technical Manager, you will manage the external design team in the technical co-ordination and design information functions on a number of individual projects, from land purchase to customer occupation, liaising with all members of the project delivery team
- Managing the members of the project team, including consultants effectively, providing advice and guidance as required
- Instigate all relevant actions detailed within our Technical Procedures
- Assisting the Technical Manager in Development Programme preparation
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager, brief, manage and drive the external Consultants in the preparations, issue and approval of construction information and sales/ conveyance information
- Act in line with culture of the team of improving upon targets, developing contingency plans, whilst maintaining open and honest feedback on performance of individual site strategies.
- Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspections
- Prepare updates on project progress on a fortnightly basis
- Review and produce development costs schedules on a monthly basis and agree action with Technical Manager
- General liaison and co-ordination between other parties, both internal and external
- Responding to site queries and resolving technical and/or construction problems
- Reviewing value engineering and enhancement opportunities, focusing on show home delivery
- Assisting in preparation of pre-construction Health and Safety information
- Produce Health and Safety files/Operation and Maintenance Manual and any Tenant Manuals required
- Previous experience in delivering private and affordable projects, managing a number of developments concurrently.
- Good knowledge of planning, technical, architectural and engineering issues with a keen grasp of Building Regulations and Legislation issues.
- A team player with the ability to manage themselves and drive technical issues and projects to a successful conclusion.
- Good communication, meeting and management skills and experience in dealing with multidiscipline teams.
- The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in an effective and efficient manner.
- CAD drawing experience is advantageous however not essential.
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role.