TSR are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for a Top 10 UK Housebuilder. The main purpose of the role is to produce, manage and forecast build costs for allotted sites.
Procure all necessary subcontract trades and manage the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial.
- Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by the Head of Commercial.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- With assistance from Chief QS prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order.
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Chief QS to agree with Sales Director. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Previous experience similar house building role is essential
- A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
- Strong personal organisational skills.
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business.
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel.