Head of Land & Planning - New Build Housing
We are currently searching for a Head of Land & Planning for a top 10 UK housebuilder. The purpose of the role is to Identify, assess, pursue and progress potential land and partnership opportunities suitable for the business. Also responsible for pro-actively sourcing, manage and progress land and partnership opportunities and to understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy
- Identify, assess, pursue and progress potential land and partnership opportunities suitable for the business in accordance with the client's Quality Management System
- Lead and supervise, where appointed, bid submissions
- Legal agreement negotiations on projects
- Develop relationships with current and potential partner organisations and other client
- companies to advance scheme progress and explore additional opportunities.
- Provide regular updates regarding existing land holdings and proposed future land purchases.
- Lead involvement in project Community Engagement and Investment
- Develop relationships with partner organisations and other companies to advance scheme progress and explore additional opportunities.
- Preparation and production
- Appoint appropriate Land and Partnership team member to lead the scheme to the Construction Phase and beyond.
- Procure technical, legal and development information to instruct internal and external parties to appraise site opportunities and constraints
- Lead proposals from inception to consent
- Negotiate land values with the involvement of the Regional Managing Director.
- Manage the Land and Partnership Team’s involvement in Community Engagement and Investment
- Work closely with all departments and external consultants, monitoring site progress through to consent
- Negotiate legal agreements, including JV’s, with lawyers and third parties
- Implement all internal procedures including providing accurate and articulate reports in line with
- Delivery of the regional business plan and strategy as a member of the regional management team/board
- To identify and secure land and partnerships opportunities for the Regional Business to facilitate delivery of the growth plans.
- To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you does the same.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to influence senior decision makers
- Able to manage effectively across functional teams
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and have good time management skills
- Customer focused
- Decision Maker
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Leadership skills
- Strong negotiating skills